MasterEmaco® S 488 — Shrinkage compensated, fast-hardening thixotropic dry mortar reinforced with polymer fiber, intended for structural repair of concrete and reinforced concrete. The application thickness in one layer is 20 to 40 mm
Formerly: EMACO S 88 C
MasterEmaco S 488 is a ready-to-use dry mortar with a maximum aggregate size of 2.5 mm. When mixed with water, it forms a thixotropic, non-laminating mortar with good adhesion to steel and concrete. MasterEmaco S 488 is a shrinkage compensated material both in the plastic and in the hardened state. MasterEmaco S 488 does not contain metal aggregates and chlorides. In repair operations, the material is recommended to be applied onto the surface with a trowel or by spraying in a single 20-40 mm thick layer. If a thicker repair layer is required, several layers shall be applied.
- Repair of reinforced or pre-stressed beams;
- Repair of damaged and destroyed elements of concrete and reinforced concrete structures;
- Repair of elements of load-bearing structures, bridge supports, etc., exposed to repeatedloads;
- Repair of machine shop structures, especially at points containing a lot of mineral oils and lubricants;
- Berth repair in ports;
- Repair of vertical and overhead surfaces;
- Chimney refractory lining repair;
- Recovery of protective layers of reinforced concrete structures.