MasterFlow 4800 – Metallic aggregate reinforced, ultra-high strength precision grout
What is MasterFlow 4800?
MasterFlow 4800 is a single component, cement based, metallic aggregate reinforced, non-shrink, ultra high strength grout. It has ultra-high early and final strengths. When mixed with water, MasterFlow 4800 forms a mortar with a fluid consistency which can be easily applied by hand or machine. MasterFlow 4800 can be used in thicknesses from 20 mm up to 200 mm.
Field of application
MasterFlow 4800 is used for assembling and fixing of the following items:
- Industrial turbines, generators and compressors
- Rolling, stamping, grinding, drawing and finishing mills
- Forging hammers
- Rail tracks, crane rails
- Paper machine sole plates
- Machinery and equipment requiring high strength maximum bearing
Note: For wind turbine installations please refer to our MasterFlow 9000 series grouts.
Features and benefits
- Meets the requirements of EN 1504-6.
- Sustainable and contributes to LEED points.
- Contains metallic aggregates to provide high strengths and increased impact resistance under dynamic and repetitive loading.
- Very high early strengths shorten the waiting time for starting the machinery process.
- Ultra high final strengths allow very high compressive loading.
- Provides solutions for various application details with wide application thickness: 20–150mm.
- Hardens without bleeding, settlement or drying shrinkage when mixed, placed and cured.
- Can be used at temperatures down to 2°C when mixing and placing recommendations are followed.
- Designed for use where thermal movement of equipment and machinery and other effects of heating/cooling and wetting/drying are anticipated.
- High flow for full compaction even in areas with congested steelwork.
- For hand or machine application.
- Extra low shrinkage for durability.
- Excellent freeze/thaw resistance.
- Very low permeability to water and chlorides.