MasterGlenium 51 — a high range water reducing admixture for concrete
Formerly: Glenium 51
How does MasterGlenium 51 work?
MasterGlenium 51 is an innovative admixture based on modified polycarboxylic ether (PCE) polymers. The product has been primarily developed for the use in the concrete industry where the highest durability and performance is required.
What differentiates MasterGlenium 51 from the traditional superplasticizers is a unique mechanism of action that greatly improves the effectiveness of cement dispersion. Traditional superplasticizers based on melamine and naphthalene sulphonates are polymers, which are absorbed by the cement granules. They wrap around the granules' surface areas at the very early stage of the concrete mixing process. The sulfonic groups of the polymer chains increase the negative charge of the cement particle surface and disperse these particles by electrical repulsion.
What is MasterGlenium 51 used for?
The excellent dispersion effect makes MasterGlenium 51 the ideal admixture for the high quality concrete industry. The ability to work with an extremely low water/cement ratio allows for the manufacture of high performance concrete with high early and final strengths. Concrete of high density, low permeability is also produced.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium 51?
MasterGlenium 51 offers the following benefits:
- Flowable concrete with the lowest water/cement ratio without segregation or bleeding.
- Allows reduction of curing cycles - i.e. time or temperature.
- Possibility of elimination of steam curing.
- Allows concrete production at low temperature.
- Less vibration required even in case of congested steel reinforcement.
- Less workmanship required.
- Improves concrete surface finish and texture.
Compared to traditional superplasticizers, the addition of MasterGlenium 51 will improve the physical properties and thus the durability of concrete.