MasterProtect 8000 CI — Advanced Organofunctional Silane based Corrosion Inhibitor
What is MasterProtect 8000 CI?
MasterProtect 8000 CI is a single component, ready to use, low viscosity, clear liquid which combines the proven effectiveness of penetrative silane treatments for the control of moisture and chloride ion ingress with advanced organofunctional corrosion inhibition.
Field of application
MasterProtect 8000 CI is sprayed directly onto the surface of steel reinforced concrete structures and buildings. It is equally suited to cast in situ, precast, post tensioned, prestressed, GFRC, or other steel reinforced concrete. MasterProtect 8000 CI can be used as part of an overall repair strategy using MasterEmaco Concrete Repair Systems to mitigate corrosion rates within the balance of the structure and significantly reduce the possibility of “tring anode” induced spalling at a later date. Equally MasterProtect 8000 CI can be used as a cost effective preventative measure before the onset of corrosion induced problems occur.
It is particularly suited for the protection of:
- Bridge decks, piers columns and beams.
- Multi-Storey car parks, building facades and balconies.
- Marine structures and jetties.
Features and benefits
- Dramatically reduces chloride induced corrosion of concrete steel reinforcement
- Reduces corrosion in carbonated reinforced concrete
- Works at the molecular level to effectively inhibit macrocell (rebar to rebar) and microcell (on the same rebar) corrosion
- Proven long term effectiveness in laboratory and field trials > 7 years proven performance in aggressive environment subject to deicing salts and vehicular traffic
- Equally effective in high humidity conditions
- Chemically bonds to steel, cement paste and other silaceous material – will not wash or leach out during wetting / drying cycles, ensuring extended active life
- Simple and easy to use
- Does not discolor or change appearance of concrete
- Breathable vapor permeable treatment
- Repels further ingress by chlorides and water