MasterRoc® SLP 2 — Liquid polymer for soil conditioning in Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM)
Formerly MEYCO SLP2
MasterRoc SLP 2 is a polymer which is used to enhance the performance of MasterRoc SLF foam products in difficult ground conditions, for example, in coarse soil with low fine content, or saturated soil with high water pressure. It can also be used to modify the properties of Bentonite slurries for slurry TBM applications.
Fields of application
- EPB and Slurry TBMs
- High ground water pressures, poorly graded or ground containing low amount of fine particles, water saturated ground, and
- Bentonite slurry modification in case of high soil porosity or saline water conditions
Features and benefits
- Structuring the soil, particularly effective in, coarse, clean sands and gravels below groundwater.
- Reducing soil permeability.
- Creation of plastic deformation properties in the soil providing an even and controlled support pressure and increased face stability.
- Lowering the inner friction and abrasiveness of the soil. Increasing cohesion of coarse sands and gravels.
- Water soaking and swelling effect, turning wet soil into a low consistency.
- Improves the yield and filter cake properties of bentonite slurries.
- Ready to use — no mixing equipment required.