MasterRoc® ABR 5 — Liquid anti-abrasion agent for Hard Rock and EPB Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM)
Formerly: MEYCO ABR 5
What is MasterRoc ABR 5?
MasterRoc ABR 5 is specifically designed to reduce abrasion and dust for tunnel boring machines operating in hard rock mode.
Fields of application
It is used to reduce abrasive wear to the cutting tools, and to substantially reduce dust formation during excavation as well as cutterhead clogging.
Features and benefits
- Reduction of abrasive wear for cutting tools.
- Effective reduction of dust formation, leading to considerably improved working environment for TBM personnel.
- Better cooling of the cutterhead, improving the rubber seal durability, and extending the life of the cutter bearing.
- Reduce TBM down time due to less frequent cutter changes, therefore more time available for excavation.
- Improved transfer of the muck from the cutter head, resulting in reduced risk of blockage, cleaner cutter discs and cutterhead area, which make maintenance easier and reduce cutter disc changing time.
- Overall cost saving due to higher monthly advance rate and lower maintenance cost.